Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY yarn wreath for special occasions

Remember my yarn wreaths? Well, turns out they're sort of addictive. I just can't stop making them. So I give them to friends and might even sell some. Wrapping that yarn is just so ... calming.


Anyhow. I made a very special one last week. It's a simple beige-grayish color because I plan to use it year-round for special occasions and holidays. Next up is little brother's birthday, so I decorated it with a DIY felt garland and some felt letters and of course the number 3. In yellow.



I didn't glue anything on and just used pins to attach the felt pieces to the wreath. Since I used silvery pins they do show, but I don't really mind.

Hmmm, already thinking about what to use for Easter. Bunnies? Pastel colored eggs?

I think this is one of my favorite wreaths ever.



Hope you have a great week - mine will be busy with a long overdue haircut and of course lots and lots of present wrapping, cake baking and general party preparations. I'm trying to schedule some posts for the rest of the week, but just in case you don't hear anything from me, well, I'll probably be somewhere in the kitchen making chocolate layer cake with vanilla buttercream frosting by the special request of a little someone turning 3 very soon.

Have a great week!
Swenja

1 comment:

  1. Love it!
    And what a great idea--to use it all year long.
    My red wreath is still on the front door.
    It was up for Christmas.
    Then I hung a sign that says "love" under it and it was perfect for Valentines Day.
    I'm not sure if it will work for Easter, but it will be perfect for 4th of July!
    Have a fun party!
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...