Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oh the things I'd love to do


I don't know about you, but I come across great projects every day. The appear in my blog reader. In my inbox. And they simply pop up in my head.

I'd love to go right through Tsh's book One Bite at a Time. And make a blog project out of it like Jeanette does.

Or take my cookbooks. I have so many, and I would love to challenge myself to work my way through them. Like a recipe from one of them per week. Or work through about a quarter of the recipes of the time.

Then Greta posted about this fabulous daily photo challenge. Looks like so much fun! Did you see it? It has a topics or word per day, new every month. Would love to do it.

Sewing - I have no idea what I'm doing here, but I come across great ideas and gorgeous fabric every day.

And don't even get me started on crafts and other projects.

Ahhhh, so many good ideas.

But then there is plain old life happening.

Dishes to be done. Lion costumes to be made (we have carnival here next week). Bills to be paid. Milk to be bought. Exercise to be done (that is my least favorite part right there, but it's part of my goals. Ugh).

Oh, and there's work.

And, most importantly, there's family. It's the one thing that makes it all worth it.

And it's what I want to focus on.

Because that is my true goal this year.

So I'm keeping my weekly craft session, I'll keep posting simple things on Sundays, and I'll keep aiming to do cross two home projects off my list. I keep a stash of fabric upstairs and maybe I'll manage to sew something. And I'll be pulling some of my cookbooks from the shelves and try out new recipes more. I'm still saving cool ideas to my Evernote file.

But I'm trying hard not to add any pressure and just do these things whenever there's time. And if there isn't, then that is fine, too.

Meanwhile, I need to focus on what I really need and want to do. And not waste time surfing around the Internet, bookmarking more ideas before I even finish one previous one. So I made myself a little reminder.

Is that just me?

Cheers,
Swenja

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a good job.
    I have 100s of things I'd love to do: learn another language (you already got that covered) really play an instrument, sew, make crossiants, garden, go running, go backpacking, paint the trim on all the molding in my house and....the list could go on into forever.
    But I try to just keep going and knowing that this crazy busy season in my life is just the now. It Feels Like Forver, but it itsn't.
    Maybe I need to write myself a reminder too.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are so right. It is incredibly overwhelming all the ideas out there from recipes to crafts to to do lists and on and on....We just can't do it all and shouldn't have to, so focus on what is most important and all the other stuff is just a bonus xo

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...