Friday, November 2, 2012

A baby party and way too much fun with cupcakes

A good friend of mine is expecting baby number three these days (well, practically any minute now...), and it's a baby girl after two boys.


So of course we had to throw a baby shower. Now, that is a fairly American thing, so we changed it a bit. Made it smaller and more relaxed, oh, and minus the gifts (we're saving those for the little girl's arrival). We just wanted a simple afternoon for the girls, so the mommy to be could relax and have nothing to do at all except for chatting and eating some cupcakes.


And since I have two boys, I went all out on the lavender color scheme she had chosen for the nursery. I made a cloud mobile with little hearts - unfortunately that is the only photo I have, sorry for that.


Then I made some bunting with the leftover fabric and bias tape. I love it (just don't look too close. Let's just say the bias tape and I had some disagreements...)


Oh, and cupcakes. Did I mention cupcakes? I used the Hummingbird Bakery's recipe for chocolate cupcakes and made one batch each of the chocolate and vanilla frosting, tinting half of that lavender. I had way too much fun with the frosting and all those pink and purple sprinkles. But hey, I don't usually get to make girl cupcakes, so I really took the chance to indulge in this!



Now we're waiting for the baby girl's arrival...

Swenja


3 comments:

  1. This is all beautiful. I love the fabrics. And that mobile is a brilliant, darling idea! Cupcakes look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't imagine how happy she must be to be having a baby girl!!! Fun for her--finally, CUTIE FRILLY CLOTHES!

    xo cute shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es war sooo ein schöner Nachmittag, er zählt zu den schönsten Erinnerungen meiner letzten Schwangerschaft. Die kleine Leni erfreut sich nun wahnsinnig an dem Mobile.
    Und die Cupcakes...mhm...lecker!!

    Danke für den schönen Tag!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...